Sunday, February 10, 2008

One of those days


Woke up this morning at 5 to head down the coast to my favorite place to shoot empty waves. As I was setting my housing up in the dark a homeless guy started talking to me and I knew the waves were good so I was rushing to get out there as quick as possible. Sure enough, I jump in the water, dip through the first set and once I get to the lineup look in my housing to see it half-full of water. Yep, I couldn't believe it. I swam in as quick as I could only to get to the beach and dump out about a cup of water onto the sand. I was freaking, couldn't believe it to be honest. Sure enough, I jammed back to my car and took everything apart as quickly as I could. Luckily the lens didn't get wet, but the camera and batteries sure did. I was halfway back to my house in SB when the sun came up. I finally got home and tried playing with the camera, and sure enough, it turned on just long enough for it to start smoking and spilling out battery acid onto my lap. Well, I learned my lesson. Don't talk to random homeless dudes when setting up my waterhousing. Oh well, I guess my favorite camera is now a doorstop or paper weight at best.

On a positive note, with no camera, I was able to enjoy some of the great waves we had today and surfed my brains out trying not to think what happened earlier in the morning. On top of that I received an email from Shane over at Pod fins in Australia that they are running a shot of Skippy guys in the new Movement Mag (and yes, this shot was taken on my new paperweight, formally known as my camera)! Thanks guys

Until next time, I'm signing out
Todd

No comments: